Fleet Manager (Heavy Vehicles)
ELT Recycling Australia Pty Ltd is one of the fastest growing tyre recycling companies in Australia. It currently provides services to more than 300 tyre retailers, end-users, Local Governments in the Melbourne metropolitan and country Victoria. It currently has a daily pick up volume of around 5000 tyres daily.
The company works in association with MESNAC, one of the largest producers of rubber recycling machinery in China which has strong ties to the rubber research and development arm of the Qing Dao University of Science and Technology and Sailun Tyres – one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in China.
ELT Recycling Australia Pty Ltd uses its research expertise and purpose-built machinery to make a significant contribution in roads into solving the substantial difficulty Australia has experienced in managing the disposal of an ever-increasing volume of worn tyres.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our highly talented and skilled team that is committed to expanding our business operations nationally and our reputation in the tyre recycling industry.
You will have an overall responsibility for management of our fleet of heavy vehicles owned and operated by ELT Recycling Australia. You will be required to have regular meetings with the CEO and Directors of the company.
Ideally, you will have worked in a similar environment with work experience demonstrating consistent work history managing fleet of vehicles, either as a Transport Company Manager or Fleet Manager. You will have a highly developed knowledge of the transport industry.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- At least 10 years management experience in the transport industry preferably working with tyre transport or other recycling businesses
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have a hands-on attitude
- A flexible approach to working hours with the flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekends
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly preferred.
The duties of the position broadly includes:
- Organising and controlling the fleet of vehicles to transport recyclable tyres.
- Organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- Liaising with ELT’s clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice
- Receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- Arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and recyclable materials
- Maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- Coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of vehicles.
Ideally, we are looking for an applicant who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If you believe you have these attributes, we have a position for you with an immediate start. You will work for a renowned and rapidly growing company that is committed to performing a vital role for this country in managing a growing environmental problem of ever increasing volume of work tyres in an innovative and sustainable manner.
Please forward an updated resume and cover letter clearly setting out why you believe you will be successful in this role. Please also include your employment references, if any.